-
Tension erupted in Benue state after the gunmen attacked.
-
The armed personnel are said to have ambushed a Benue link bus, killing and kidnapped its crew.
-
The driver and a former passenger were killed in the horrible attack.
A group of unknown gunmen attacked a travel bus in Benue.
The attackers reportedly killed two people and kidnapped 23 passengers.
The incident was reportedly reportedly occurred near the Otukpo Burnt Bricks area in the Otukpo Local Government Area on April 3, 2025.
Johnson Daniel said the incident confirmed to the public, the management of the transport company, a statement issued by its professionals, Benue Link Nigeria Ltd.
“Benue Links Nigeria Limited regretted that a tragic attack on one of the buses was announced with registration number PP512, on the way from Makurdi to Otukpo.
The incident occurred on April 3, 2025, near Otukpo Burnt Bricks when armed attackers ambushed the vehicle.
“Sadly, the driver of the 18-seater bus, Mr. Samuel Agege, and a front-seat passenger were fatally shot by the attacker. The gunman tried to kidnap the remaining passengers, three passengers managed to escape, and another passenger had earlier disembarked in Taraku Town before the incident.”
Please read also: Break In: ijaw leads Worry federal constituency demarcation exercises
Benue Links Nigeria Limited expresses his deepest condolences to the families of the deceased and is consistent with those whose loved ones are imprisoned. We assure the public that we have been communicating with security agencies and that they are working to rescue the kidnapped passengers. ”
“We thank the law enforcement agencies for their quick response and express our confidence in their ongoing efforts to ensure the safe return of those taken away. ”
State Police Public Relations Officer Spanene Sewuese Catherine also confirmed the attack.
“According to reports, there was a kidnapping involving Benue Links’ vehicle.”
More details are coming soon….
Deaths in plateau attacks rose to 52
The death toll from gunmen attacks in Plateau State has risen to 52, with more than 40 more people recovered Wednesday and Thursday nights.
These attacks were included in several communities of the Bokos Local Government Council, including Mangor Tamiso, Daffo, the Elderly, Hurti and Tadai.