
Tesla and Space X founder Elon Musk called for reports that he would leave “fake news” in the government role in the coming months.
Senior White House officials have previously told NBC News that Sky’s U.S. Partner Network, Donald Trump discussed the transition of Tesla and X bosses to the private sector at a cabinet meeting last month.
Politico also reported that Musk is currently an adviser and “special government employee” to President Donald Trump’s administration, and will return to the business world due to his controversial policies and Tesla’s stock decline.
After the report of the meeting appeared, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said it was “trash”, adding: “Elon Musk and President Trump both publicly stated that Elon will leave public service as a special government employee after the incredible church work is completed.”
Mr. Musk added in his response on X: “Yes, fake news.”
Yes, fake news https://t.co/nphtpzj3fc
– Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 2, 2025
NBC News reported that the official said Mr. Musk would leave at the end of his 130-day job as a special government employee.
That will be May 30, but it is unclear whether the billionaire businessman will indeed leave on that date.
The White House previously said that as a temporary organization, the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) will end next July 4 – the 250th anniversary of the United States.
Mr Musk said some members of his Governor’s team were threatened with death every day.
Mr. Musk criticized efforts to reduce the size of the U.S. federal government.
In just a few weeks, the entire agency was demolished and thousands of federal labor workers were fired or agreed to leave their jobs.
Doge’s proposed cut cases have filed numerous lawsuits in state and federal courts.