
British comedian Russell Brand was charged between 1999 and 2005 with R@pe, indecent ass@ult and s£xual ass@ult.
Metropolitan police say the 50-year-old comedian, actor and writer has also been charged with one count of oral R@PE and one count of inteccent and Ass@Ult. The allegations are related to four women.
He will appear in Westminster District Court on Friday, May 2.
Police said the brand was charged in 1999 with a woman in the Bournemouth area and in 2001 with a woman in the Westminster area of London.
He was also accused of assaulting a woman in Westminster in 2004.
The fourth charge alleges that a woman sexually assaulted in Westminster between 2004 and 2005.
Police began investigating Oxfordshire’s brand in September 2023 after receiving many charges.
The comedian has previously denied the allegations and said all his sex relationships are “absolutely always voluntary”.
“The women who published the report continue to be supported by specially trained officials,” said Andy Furphy, chief of police detectives who led the investigation.
“The Metropolitan investigation is still open, and detectives ask anyone affected by the case, or anyone with any information, to come forward and talk to the police.”
The unit allegedly this is:
- In 1999, a woman was raped in the Bournemouth area.
- In 2001, a woman hesitated in London’s Westminster area.
- In 2004, a woman was verbally raped and sexually assaulted in London’s Westminster area.
- Between 2004 and 2005, a woman sexually assaulted in the Westminster area of London.
Brand was told he will appear in Westminster District Court on May 2, but he is believed to be in the United States.
Jasvant Naval of the Crown Prosecutor’s Office said: “We have authorized the Metropolitan Police to commit many sexual crimes against Russell Brand today.
“We carefully reviewed the evidence after the police investigated the allegations after the Channel 4 documentary aired in September 2023.
“We concluded that Russell Brand should be charged with crimes such as r@pe, sexual ass@ult and independent ass@ult. These are related to non-business crimes between 1999 and 2005, involving four women.
“The Crown Procuratorate reminds everyone that criminal proceedings are active and that the defendant has the right to conduct a fair trial. It is very important that there is no report, comment or sharing of online information, which in any way can bias these lawsuits.”
“The women who published the report continue to be supported by specially trained officials,” said Andy Furphy, chief of the Metropolitan Police Detective, who led the investigation.
“The Metropolitan investigations remain open, and detectives ask anyone affected by the case, or anyone with any information, to step up and talk to the police. A dedicated team of investigators can be provided by email. [email protected].
“Support can also be obtained by contacting the independent charity R@PE Crisis with the 24/7 Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Line.”