
The Yovoyan community in Lagospartag was mourned, allegedly a former police officer fired and shot two family members and another in a land dispute.
It is said that Mr Richard Atideka and Mrs Latevi Atideka from the Yovoyan community, and Mr Muji Onilude from the neighboring Gberefu community (pictured).
Mr David Atideka, the survivor of the attack, told the painful experience, noting that the incident occurred between the Atideka compound from 2:00 AM to 2:30 AM.
“When I walked out of the urination, I was discussing with my wife in the room. As I did, I saw two armed men entering the compound. I quickly hid nearby.”
“They entered my room, asked me, and shot my wife immediately. Out of fear, I ran to inform my brother, but when I arrived I found his lifeless body-he was shot too.”
He further claimed that he saw his second brother, who was a former police officer (the suspect), and another armed person, who left the compound after Kling’s wife and other brothers.
“I saw someone who was my brother, the police. I recognized him clearly,” he said.
Nan learned that the so-called suspected K!
The publication said a reliable source revealed that the suspects had been trying to seize land from David and Richard Atideka.
“They have brought the matter to the court, and the suspect was arrested and detained but later released on bail. They will make a final court decision this Thursday,” the source said.
Meanwhile, Mr. Yusuf Onilude, the son of the murdered Muji Onilude, said his father had just left his room and he was sent.
He said: “My father came to my room at about 2:10 am and we talked for a few minutes. Less than five minutes later, I heard gunshots outside. I rushed out and saw a man running away. I chased him, but he fired in the air and escaped.”
“When I came back, I found my father in blood. He was shot to death with D3AD.”
Community representatives responded to the incident, and James Yovoyan urged police to ensure that the perpetrators were brought to justice.
The head of the family, Lorence Atideka, mourned the tragedy and called on the government to arrest and prosecute all involved.
But, it is said to be K! Ler’s son Henry Atideka denied the charge, claiming that unknown gunmen carried out the attack.
“My father was not nearby when the incident happened and the police invited him to invite him had some disagreements, but it was not about the land, but a conspiracy that we planned to resolve this Thursday,” he said.