A former Premier League defender has been sentenced to jail for fraud for scamming more than 120,000 friends. Lucien Aubey, 40, was sentenced to two years in prison and suspended for 12 months in a court in the French city of Toulouse. He previously made three Premier League appearances for Portsmouth in 2007-08, when the club won the FA Cup under Harry Redknapp. In addition to winning five blocks for Congo, he also played for Toulouse, Rennes and Rems, in addition to clubs in Türkiye and Cyprus. Aubey and his colleague Mohamed Dia allegedly told the man that he was only appointed as 42-year-old Sebastien and he would make 1 million in three years. But now, he has been found guilty of fraud after having a friend invest in a record company. The man had also received 170,000 salary in the wake of the road accident. Aubey had been declared bankrupt and disqualified from the company, while shoe mechanic Sebastien went to the police station but never saw his investment again. He accused Aubey of threatening to hurt his child after seeking a repayment. Sebastien, 42, said: “I lost everything and my wife wanted to commit suicide. I had to give up on my job. “We were split, those two [Aubey and Dia] Just laughed at it. Aubey told the court: “My money was in Cyprus held by my club Olympiakos Nicosia. It’s not a fraud – I’ve never robbed anyone. But the prosecutor was able to reveal a telephone conversation between former footballer and Dia, which showed the intention of a breach of Sebastian. On Monday, the court ordered Aubey to repay 145,000 and not contact the victim during his jail time for Dia’s one year of suspension for his operation. First appeared on the Linda Ikeji blog.
Source link