
The Enugu State Police Command called it baseless and naughty, the report said herders occupied houses and schools in Eha-Amufu in the ISI UZO local government area of the state.
SP Daniel Ndukwe, a spokesman for the command, said in a record-setting statement that none of the Eha-Amufu or Enugu State had been invaded, besieged, or displaced its residents.
Ndukwe said that although available records show that farmers temporarily displaced from these farm settlements sometime in 2021 and 2022, after which Peace and Order were restored to the EHA-AMUFU community through shared security actions, contrary to misleading reports.
“The Police Command specifically acknowledges the intentional and intensive interventions of the Enugu State Government to enhance security, especially under the leadership of Dr. Peter Ndubuisi Mbah, and especially under Eha-Amufu.
“These efforts include the deployment of 150 military personnel and fully equipped special forces, the establishment of security agency barracks, and the construction of nearly 21.7 km of Agape-Agu Mgbuji-ogbete access roads, resulting in some farm settlements in the community.
Unfortunately, the media that publishes the report ignores these facts and timelines and uses unrelated images to support its sensational claims.
After diligent forensic and digital fact checks, the images were found to have been taken from old reports of events that occurred in neighboring countries and other locations, and then adjusted and reconsidered to mislead the public.
For example, the photos of the burned house released by Amnesty International condemned the report on February 4, 2025, in which the report misrepresented the attack on neighboring Nkalaeha community in the report. ”
He added that state police chief CP Mamman Bitrus Giwa has asked the public to ignore unfounded reports. He reiterated the strong commitment of police and other security agencies to maintain law, order and security throughout the state.